Tuesday 17 February 2015

Using a Single Sketch for Cards and Scrapbooking Layouts - One Sketch, Three Ways

Hello Everyone
Today I'm sharing the idea of either taking a card sketch or layout sketch and creating layouts and cards based on those sketches.  You really can take any sketch and use it for cards and layout by just tweaking it a bit.  For my post today I created a sketch of a card I have created in the past.  It has been a design I have loved and have used it on many cards I have created for card classes.  I took that design and 'stretched it' to create a sketch for my scrapbook layouts.  You can see by the two layouts and card that the design/sketch of them all are the same.  I just added different embellishments to suit my project for each one.  This was also a great excuse to take out some of my older paper collections and use them.  I encourage you to do the same.  I had thought about purging all of my older things (believe me I have purged a lot already)  and decided that some of it were collections I really did love and had purchased with the intention of using them so that it what I did! :) A few years later but who will know or care that I didn't used the newest collections when I did these layouts. LOL :) Except you and me!!!



The Sketch

12x12 layout

8 1/2 x 11 layout

card

I encourage you to take a sketch that you love and try this idea of using it for multiple layout sizes or cards and to use what you love even though it might not be the newest collections that have just come out.

Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY SCRAPPIN'!
Scrap Your Scraps Design Team Member

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...