Friday 5 December 2014

Get Inspired - 5 more prompts to encourage your creativity

Hey everyone it's Cathy M. here!  Last month I put up a post with 5 prompts to help jumpstart your creativity and get you scrapping.  This month I have another 5 prompts to share with you.  Since starting this series I have been scrapping like crazy!  I have been finding that as I come up with ideas and prompts it really helps me think creatively.  I really do like having a goal or a challenge to rise up to.  So for this month here are my 5 prompts for you to use together or seperately, whatever works for you!

Prompt 1 - Use an unexpected pop of colour

Sometimes when I'm scrapping I get into a colour slump.  There are colour combinations that I tend to be drawn towards and use over and over again.  There's nothing wrong with that, believe me, but sometimes it's fun to kick it up a notch and add a contrasting colour to a favorite combo!

Prompt 2 - Use craft cardstock or products

Craft products and cardstock has been popular for the past few years, though I feel it may have reached its peak.  That doesn't mean though that we should stop using it.  Craft is a great neutral tone to use in almost any scrap layout.  I like how it can add a pop, or create a focal point without going over the top.

Prompt 3 - Use some ribbon or fabric

I have it, you have it, we all know we have it.  Tons of ribbons or little fabric bits.  I have a whole container of them, but I never get around to using them so I decided to just go for it and add some ribbon onto my layout.

Prompt 4 - Use a favorite piece of paper

Yes that's right, use it, stop hoarding it!  I am guilty of it too.  I used to hoard so much paper, just waiting for the perfect picture to pair it with.  I have even been guilty of taking photos with certain colours in them or with a certain theme just to go with my favorite papers.  I have been trying more often to use up my favorite papers, and sometimes, yes, even cut them up!

Prompt 5 - Scrap a hard to scrap photo

This is something I do quite frequently and another habit I've been trying to break.  I have so many photos that I am just scared to scrapbook. Whether you have a hard time scrapping themed photos or aren't sure what to do with some sweet summer portraits it's time to get them scrapped.  I myself have quite a few photos that are just so sweet and perfect, but I'm not even sure where to begin when it comes to scrapping them so I have decided to just go for it.

So here is my layout using my 5 new prompts.



   Cathy Martin



I just love the way kraft cardstock looks combined with the red-and-white stripes of some of the Christmas papers available this time of year.  I decided to use a kraft base for the card below.

The striped paper is from my stash of older paper, and I think it is by Melissa Francis.  The image stamp is from Penny Black, and the greeting stamp is by Inkadinkado.  I colored the image with Copic markers and highlighted some areas with a Wink of Stella pen by Zig.  I cut the Polaroid frame and photo corners with a die made by Sizzix.

Thanks for the inspiration, Cathy!







Jeanette Giancaspro

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...