Thursday 23 October 2014

Small Business Spotlight : The Crafty Pickle Flair

Today we are so excited to shine a spotlight on a great small crafty business. Taniesa Vlasak is the owner of The Crafty Pickle Etsy Store, home of amazing flair buttons and more. Yesterday, some of our contributors got to play with flair that Taniesa was kind enough to send, so go check out that post

She is also sponsoring a giveaway for our readers, so if you would like a $10 gift certificate to her store, just comment on this post as well as the coordinating post on her blog. The giveaway will close at midnight on October 31 and a winner will be announced here on November 1st.

Now I'm going to let her tell you a little about herself and then she's going to show off a few projects using the brand new designs she just released in her shop. 



Hi crafty friends!

My name is Taniesa Vlasak (yep pronounced like the Pickle) and I am passionate about all things paper crafting as you can tell by my blog, but I am also passionate about my faith, my family, and cupcakes… mmmm cupcakes!

I am a mom to 5 awesome kids and wife to a pretty amazing Husband…. whom I might refer to as the Techie Pickle, He does all my computer and technical stuff. If you have a computer question, I got your answer guy! I am completely blessed and grateful for every day.

I have been scrapbooking since 1999, I have taught various classes at a few local scrapbook stores in the bay area along my journey. I am hoping for some pretty amazing things in 2013, new opportunities hopefully and meeting new friends!

Right now I am passionate about the project life style of scrapbooking. This has kept me mostly up to date with memory keeping right now and I used to be really bad about journaling/documenting the important things in my families lives. Sometimes you will find I keep my pages very simple and sometimes I like to be a little more artistic, You will also find other various paper crafting projects from me as well as product reviews, tutorials, and organization tips.



I wanted to share two different ideas using some brand new Flair that I just added to The Crafty Pickle Etsy Store. First up is a thank you gift card holder that I made using my silhouette and a flair from the Cozy Fall Set. I adore Autumn and pumpkin spice latte's are my favorite!

Coffee Gift Card @TheCraftyPickle.com
 

I used some cardstock I had on hand and cut out the card design on my Silhouette using design #
29511

Coffee Gift Card @TheCraftyPickle.com
 

I die cut a tag from some cardstock scraps I had, added a little bit of decorative trim and attached it with a little clothes pin. I attached the PSL (pumpkin spice latte) button with some tombo xtreme adhesive. You could also use a button from the Starbucks flair set too, I just wanted to go for an autumn feel with this card.
Coffee Gift Card @TheCraftyPickle.com
 

 The inside has room for the coffee gift card as well as a little room to write a personal message.

Coffee Gift Card @TheCraftyPickle.com
 
Once it was all finished I slipped the card into a clear envelope and tossed in some of the exclusive autumn mix sequins from The Crafty Pickle Etsy shop for a little added fun touch.

Next up I have a project life card that I am sure anyone can find use for in their album, Mine is usually inspired by one of my teenage boys dodging the camera. For this card I am using the Photo Not Available flair from the Everyday Photo #2 set.

No Photo Available Project life card @TheCraftyPickle.com
To make this card I took a white piece of heavy cardstock that was in my scrap pile and cut out the camera design on my silhouette (Design #41015) The design called for several shades of gray but I only had two shades on hand so I just cut everything out of the white cardstock and colored the pieces with my copic markers (N8, N6, N4, N2, Y15, and Y19) I also used my wink of stella glitter pen and my Stardust gelly roll pen by Sakura 

No Photo Available Project life card @TheCraftyPickle.com

I attached a few sequins (that are always included in my flair packages) and attached the Photo Not Available flair with some Tombo Xtreme adhesive. The base card is a Becky Higgins Project Life grid card.

No Photo Available Project life card @TheCraftyPickle.com

As you can see above my flair has a very low profile making it ideal for page protectors of all types, especially pocket pages. It's about the same dimension as chipboard or thickers.

If you haven't visited The Crafty Pickle Etsy shop recently you might be surprised to find over 30 new flair sets including our new color patterned pop collection and some special limited edition 
sequins mixes.

Happy Crafting!
  The Crafty Pickle

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for this highlight. These flair buttons are great. I think I will order for some flair buttons.
    bye
    Stéphanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been to your site twice now and will be ordering some Flair very soon! I am also passionate about paper, but Venti Pikes from Starbucks are a strong second. Thanks for post today, the coffee cup gift card holder is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flair and the cards. Off to check the flair out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always looking for a new selection of flair.... Heading to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some really cute flair. Thanks for sharing. I'm making a list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! Off to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very crafty indeed! Love the the flair - especially the one that says "no photo available." Feel like that happens to us quite often. Love your gift card holder - what a great idea, especially with the holidays coming up. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute flairs! Gotta check out her Etsy store!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness - I must got visit your Etsy shop! Love the Photo Not Available Flair! I have a teenage son that is always dodging the camera, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very interesting information, we hope you is visiting our blog, thank you
    obat wasir

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...