Friday 25 July 2014

Everybody Loves a Party: Using Party Supplies On a Layout

We celebrated my daughters second birthday in June, and after we were packing up I got to looking at all the crepe paper that we have.  I have a plethora of crepe paper, and it was kind of sad that I only use it for parties, since you get sooooo much on roll!  I decided to use it up here to make a cute backdrop for a party layout!


I gathered some patterned papers along with any crepe paper that matched with my photos for this layout.  I decided to make this a two page layout, since this was for my daughters first birthday and I had done a two page layout for my sons first birthday.  I'm not the biggest fan of two-pagers, I just find them more difficult to get a cohesive look in general, but I was willing to give it a try again!

 

(Please excuse the messy glass mat, I use it for painting as well!)  I started by laying down a strip of tape and then proceeded to accordion fold the crepe paper along the tape line.


Here is a close-up of the accordion folding.  Nothing fancy going on here, it doesn't need to be perfect!
Ta Da!


And here it is with all five colours.


I used the finished half to line up where to put the tape so that both sides would match up as well as possible.  This really wasn't a very long process, I just sat down and put on a show while I accordion folded to my hearts content.  (P.S don't get crepe paper wet!  Also, don't feed it after midnight ;p )


Here is the final product! Click on the image to see it larger. 


   Cathy Martin
    Creative Team Member of SCRAP YOUR SCRAPS 

6 comments:

  1. That is such a fun layout! Love the ruffles. Really cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful layout ~ love the colors! What a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this so much! It makes the whole page feel like a party. I like the little sprinkling of sequins on the crepe paper, too. Nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is stunning!! Love the step by step you offered. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone, for all your terrific comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute :) It does look like a fun party :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...