Sunday 13 July 2014

A Challenge from Tiffany O'Grady (DTM @ SYS) - Using Acrylic Paints on Layouts ...Her Happy Place

Hello Everyone

Today's layout is a challenge from Tiffany O'Grady.  Her challenge was to use acrylic paints on a layout.  I have a nice collection of acrylic paints that I purchased a while ago with the intent on coming home from the craft store and using them.... as a lot of you I'm sure can relate ... that didn't happen.  I put them on my shelf above my desk like a photo frame.  Then with Tiffany's challenge I knew it was time they (ok a couple of them) came off my shelf and onto my 12x12 stark white card stock.
I had seen a technique that Corrie Jones had used a while back.  I used a little lit of Gesso on my plain card stock as a base.  I then took some acrylic paint and put some on three areas of a piece of wax paper.  I added Gesso to two of the three globs to get a light, medium and dark shades of my acrylic paint.  Using an old gift card I dabbed it in the paint mixture and tapped them on my card stock as shown below.




Once I was happy with it I left it to dry and moved on to my second paint technique which I saw Tim Holtz do on a demo for his distress paints and stencils.  I used a scrap piece of white card stock with a template and white paint.  I dabbed the paint with a piece of foam over the template onto the scrap piece of white card stock.  I let the paint dry and then with a foam applicator and distress ink went over the painted on image.  Once I did that I took a damp cloth and wiped over the white resisted image from the paint to make it pop a little better.








 I completed my layout with 6x6 scraps of paper and little stamping and a few drops of shine mist.






Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY SCRAPPIN'!


  Mandy Reedyk
  Creative Team Member of SCRAP YOUR SCRAPS 

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is really cool!!! TIF these techniques! :) Evie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...